Poka Yoke (Error Proofing and Dummy Proofing) workshop is based on research developed by Shigeo Shingo, a much celebrated specialist in the field. Lecture and hands on implementation of the techniques take place at the participant’s manufacturing facility. This workshop will educate participants in the theory and practical techniques used to:
- Prevent errors from occurring
- Immediately detect abnormalities in real time as they occur
- Immediately stop the process from producing more defects
- Correct the root cause of the process problem before resuming production
Error Proofing and Dummy Proofing (Poka Yoke) is a part of the Lean toolkit that enables organizations to produce services or goods using source inspection and the Poka Yoke System.
Students will then apply the techniques immediately on processes in their factory. By using on site processes as examples for the class, students are immediately able to incorporate Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) in their own operations. Students can become teachers and apply these techniques to all the processes throughout the plant. Typical results include a 70 – 80% reduction in quality defects will little or no capital investment. These results are usually obtained within one week of the class.
- What the Mistake Proofing (MP) process is and how to apply it.
- What the Fail Safeing (FS) process is and how to apply it.
- The distinctions between Judgment Inspection (Clear & Sort), Information Inspection (SPC or Inferential Statistics), and Source Inspection (ZDQ).
- The differences between Errors, Defects, and Causes.
- Ways to Prevent Errors (Level 1)
- Ways to Detect Defects (Level 2)
- Ways to Manage Questionable Product Made (Level 3)
- Application of Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) Principles
- Why is Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) important?
- What is the Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) system?
- How is Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) different from SPC?
- Analyzing current quality practices
- Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) Method (10-step process)
- Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) worksheet
- Example of Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) – classroom)
- Implementing the changes (real-life on-the-job applications)
- Measuring the quality improvements
Who Should Attend
- Operators and Quality Inspectors
- SPC, Six Sigma Green Belts, Six Sigma Black Belts, Quality Assurance personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Manufacturing engineering
- Design & Quality engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Supervisors and Managers
Implementing Mistake Proofing and Fail Safeing (Poka Yoke) should be part of your implementation plan from Value Stream Mapping. Therefore, a good working knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, and practical mapping experience are essential.
Workshop Duration: 2 days (9am – 5pm)
Hurry! Call us at 04-646 7110 or Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat now or to find out more